One Night a Week to Complete Your Bachelor’s Degree (NOT Online)
The Degree Completion Program (DCP) is designed to help full-time employees and stay-at-home parents finish their bachelor’s degree after completing their general education requirements or an associate’s degree. Through this program, students can earn a Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies with an Emphasis in Organization & Leadership. Students meet on Tuesday evenings and complete one course per month, with a focus on skills that apply to workplace leadership and creativity. This schedule allows students who have finished their general education to complete a bachelor’s degree in a series of five semesters. Limited spots available.
Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies
with an Emphasis in Organization & Leadership
CORE Requirements: 37 Credits
- COMM 1050 Intro to Communication Theory
- COMM 1270 Argumentation and Critical Thinking
- COMM 2110 Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 2700 Voice & Civility in Public Discourse
- COMM 3060 Communication Theory
- COMM 3190 Intercultural Communication
- COMM 3510 Ethics in Communication
- COMM 3850 Org Communication & System Dynamics
- COMM 4500 Human Communication & Conflict
- COMM 4900R Internship
- COMM 4450 Communication Research
- COMM 4980 Senior Seminar (Capstone)
EMPHASIS Requirements: 24 Credits
- ENGL 3010 Writing in the Professions
- MDIA 3480 New Social Media
- COMM 3330 Negotiations and Bargaining
- COMM 3460 Content & Rhetorical Analysis
- MDIA 3580 Case Studies in Strategic COMM
- COMM 4010 Persuasion
- COMM 4050 Leadership & High Performance Teams
- COMM 4490 Communication & Contemporary Public Issues
Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies with an Organization and Leadership Emphasis (Degree Completion Program or DCP COHORT)
Program Tuition is paid at a rate of $660 per class* for each course listed on the cohort schedule. The cost of the entire five semester program is currently $13,200., which covers tuition, fees, and required textbooks for the courses. Tuition is payable on a semester basis, is billed for all classes taken within that semester, and is subject to DSU academic calendar and financial aid deadlines.
Students must meet all prerequisites and/or be approved by the Communication Studies Department (Chair or designee) to matriculate into this major or to register for any classes. It is a “reserved seats” cohort.
Requirements previously fulfilled are recognized as completed for cohort members, and do not need to be repeated.
*tuition subject to institutionally approved changes.
NOTE: These classes do not count toward typical daytime DSU billing totals, but are listed separately on student accounts. It is strongly advised that all interested students check with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Offices for eligibility of any funding source for this major. Federal financial aid is applicable. Not all DSU funding sources are available for this program.